HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF ACUPLAN HAWAII
Criteria for Membership *
- Active Hawaii Acupuncture License in good standing
- Commercial office space (or clinic at home with separate living quarters)
- Malpractice insurance ($1M/$3M)
(click on links for malpractice insurance companies)
- Active membership in a professional acupuncture association
- Use of disposable needles only - submit a copy of the contract with a needle disposal company
(click on links for needle disposal companies)
- Minimum of 20 hours/week open office hours
- Fluent in reading/writing English
- No outstanding claims or RICO complaints
- No felony convictions
- No drug use
- No use of banned herbs or substances
- Site inspection passed
- Fees paid
There is a one time membership fee of $1000, which can be paid in its entirety or may be broken up into quarterly non-refundable payments. Quarterly payment plan includes a $10 administrative fee for each payment. In addition to the membership fee, a $100 non-refundable application fee will be required at the time the application is mailed.
There is a $100 annual fee after the first year
1. Print the application found on this website
2. Fill out the application and provide a copy of your:
Current Hawaii Acupuncture license
Certificate of graduation from an accredited Acupuncture school
Current malpractice delcarations page
3. Mail the completed application, along with the above documents, and a $100 non-refundable application fee to:
address given upon request
4. Once the application has been approved, a member of AcuPlan Hawaii will perform a site inspection** at your practice.
5. Upon the completion of the inspection, you will be invited to become a member and a membership agreement will be faxed or mailed to you.
6. Once the membership agreement and the $1000 one-time fee are received (or quarterly payment), our partner insurance companies will be notified that you are a member.
*Student memberships are available.
**Site Inspection: Your practice will be inspected for items such as parking availability, sufficient waiting room, proper needle disposal, fire extinguisher, etc. See link to site inspection mandatory requirements.
If you are an Acupuncturist licensed by the State of Hawaii and practicing in the Aloha state, you can become a member of AcuPlan Hawaii and join an association of professionals who are working together to bring the healing power of AcuPuncture to the residents of Hawaii. Together we can make your practice thrive!